Ballet Theatre of Scranton and The Dance Studio: the official school of BTOS, are preparing to open for the 2021/22 season. We hope that this correspondence finds you and your family well and healthy. We are committed to keeping our children and families safe in our studio environment.
Please find below our covid safety policies effective September 2021 :
- All students will enter through the double doors on Penn Ave. A hand sanitizing station is located on the second floor before entering the studio.
- Students over 8 years old will enter the studio with no parental accompaniment. Students under 8 years old are allowed one healthy adult to accompany them.
- No use of the elevator is permitted except for handicap accessibility, which must be communicated in advance.
- All studios have hand sanitizing stations for use before and after class. Staff will sanitize between classes, therefore classes will be dismissed 5 minutes earlier than usual end time.
- The studio will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized each evening and on weekends as well as by staff disinfecting between classes.
- The exit will remain different from the entrance: A staff member will be at the exit in order to be sure all children are picked up and safe. The exit is located at the front of the building to the left of Steamtown Blueprint.
- The studio has installed a power vent to move fresh air through and out of the studio.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to your class.
- For those of you who prefer to utilize Zoom instead of coming into the studio, please make the office staff aware prior. Those classes will be offered at the same time as the in studio class times. High speed internet has been installed in order to offer a high quality Zoom session.
- Payments can be dropped at the front desk ( sneeze guards have been installed) by the student or mini-dance parent or can be mailed to 310 Penn Ave., Scranton, Pa 18503 att: Anna
Please remind your dancer to cover their cough or sneeze with their elbow and to wash their hands or sanitize regularly. If a student has a fever, cough, shortness of breath… Please keep them home. If a student has been exposed to Covid-19, please keep them home and have them tested and notify us of that action and result. If a student HAS Covid-19, please inform the studio immediately and have the student follow CDC quarantine guidelines. In this case, the studio will follow appropriate safety and communication procedures.
Face masks are to be worn by all.
All students must have a waiver signed and brought BY THE SECOND CLASS (this will be available on the remind app, and should be printed before arrival and is also available at the front desk).
If you have any further questions regarding these policies or any other health related inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to a safe, healthy, and wonderful dance season ahead!
Miss Joanne & Staff
Ballet Theatre of Scranton/The Dance Studio